Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ramping Back Up

The Headlands 50 miler and the 12 Hour Cool run left me a bit hobbled. My left front shin was quite sore in a very localized area. And my left hamstring was sore. After much ice and 2 weeks of rest I'm feeling much better. I was cross-training a bit - playing softball for 2 days a week in addition to 3 short runs of 2, 3, and 5 miles.

Yesterday I jumped back into my old routine of running to work. My wife dropped me off at Monte Bello Open Space Preserve and I summitted Black Mountain then dropped down into Rancho San Antonio. Because I was behind schedule I shot across the unmarked short-cut trail to the PG&E lookout, cutting the run down to 12 miles.

Overall my leg felt great. I'm very happy to be back running. I did feel that my endurance has suffered some but I'll take that scenario any day over injury.

Next up: Skyline to Sea 50k on Sept. 20th
Big Race: Dick Collins Fire Trails 50 miler Oct. 11th

No comments: